This new league is (at least initially) based out of Vacaville, and will offer people in the Sacramento area a league play option since the other two leagues, based out of Concord and Sunnyvale, are a bit too much of a drive. League play is as much about competition as hanging out and having a good time so I definitely encourage anyone who has ever thought about playing to give it a try.
Below is information about the league provided to me by Damien Charlety, the league organizer.
The Capitol Corridor Pinball league was created to give pinball fans from Auburn to San Jose a chance to test their skills in a fun yet competitive environment.
The league meets every other Tuesday at 7:30PM. Each league season will consist of a regular season (where participants earn points), a playoff (to determine final rankings), and a celebration week (to hand out trophies). The “fee” to participate is $1 per regular season week (playoff and celebration weeks are free).
To Join the league or if you have questions, email Damien
or join the new Yahoo Group set up for the league:
The initial season consists of 11 weeks (8 regular season weeks, 2 playoff weeks, 1 celebration week)League meetings are in Vacaville, every other Tuesday at 7:30PM, and participation “fee” is $1 per regular season week.
- August 2 Regular Season
- August 16 Regular Season
- August 30 Regular Season
- September 13 Regular Season
- September 27 Regular Season
- October 11 Regular Season
- October 25 Regular Season
- November 8 Regular Season
- November 22 Playoffs
- December 6 Playoffs
- December 20 Celebration (Trophies)
- Players will compete on 4 different machines each week
- Points on each machine are awarded in reverse order depending on the number of participants each week (e.g. if 10 people awards will be 10, 9, 8 … points; if 12 people: 12, 11, 10 …points)
- Top Score Bonus: Additional Bonus Points are awarded for highest score of the night on each machine
- Top Dog Bonus: Additional Bonus Point for the best performance of the week (i.e., highest total of points that week)
- Top Shot Bonus: Additional Bonus Point for completing Pin-Golf challenge on a 5th non-tournament machine
- Referral Bonus: Additional Bonus Point for each person you bring that signs up for the league*
- Newcomer Bonus: Additional Bonus Point for showing up the first week*
* for inaugural seasonPLAYOFFS
- Players can drop 2 lowest scores from regular season
- Top 8 players qualify
- Bracket format
- Matchups are best of 3 games
- Ranking matches are one-off games
- Week 1: Quarterfinals: 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5 + 5th-8th place ranking game
- Week 2: Semifinals: winner of 1vs8 vs winner of 4vs5 and winner of 2vs7 vs winner of 3vs6 + 3rd and 4th place ranking game, Final: winners of semifinals