‘Tommy’ on the Big Screen + Raffle
Location: Alameda Theatre, 2317 Central Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501
Admission: $20 online through Eventbrite –
Doors open at 5:30pm, show starts at 6:30pm
Dust off your bell-bottoms, lace up your platform boots, grab your glam-rock sunglasses, and get out your wallets to support the Pacific Pinball Museum’s restoration of Alameda’s Carnegie library building! Join us at the historic Alameda Theatre for a special 40th anniversary screening of The Who’s iconic pinball film “Tommy,” as we raise funds to reopen the Carnegie library to the public as the new home of PPM’s expanding collection of pins from the 1800s to today.
The Carnegie Philanthropic Flipout festivities include:
- The debut of “BALLS-A-POPPIN! The Banging Art of the Pacific Pinball Museum,” a documentary by Aracelli Frias and Konrad De Ruttié: www.balls-a-poppin.com
- A live auction of a Bally Captain Fantastic pinball machine and several backglasses
- A special appearance by Captain Fantastic himself
- Beer and wine available for purchase at the theatre snack bar
- The Who’s 1975 rock opera film “Tommy” on the big screen
Please note: “Tommy” contains material that may not be suitable for children.
Costumes are encouraged but not required. All proceeds from this event go directly to support the restoration of Alameda’s Carnegie library building as the new home of the Pacific Pinball Museum, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching art, science, and history through pinball, and preserving and promoting this important part of American culture.
Purchase your ticket today on Eventbrite:
Additional information on the Carnegie Campaign can be found here: